Daniel Westerdale is a freelance SharePoint and Office 365 Consultant, helping both private and public sector clients get the most out of their investment in Microsoft’s collaboration technologies. Please get in contact should you ever need my services.
As Office 365 developer and tech lead assisting in an organisation wide transformation programme. Responsible for the successful: design, solution development and migration, from SharePoint 2007 & 2013 to SharePoint 2016 hybrid (on-premises and online). Primary duties are as follows:
- ·Ensuring SharePoint 2016 platform in terms of its readiness for live hybrid deployment: uplift HLDs, LLDs & build documents, raise, RFCs Install Feature Pack 2 upgrade, Office Online installation, resolve critical platform errors and SQL cluster performance enhancements.
- Provide 3rd line support for SharePoint 2007, 2013 and 2016 forms ahead of the migration phases
- Designed & provisioned the first release of SharePoint Online and Office 365 collaboration sites and tools: Flows, PowerApps, Microsoft Teams, Office 365 Groups, Site Designs, Site Actions, Communication and hub sites using industry best practices
- Documented the governance and auditing policy recommendations, applied holistically to both on-premise and online
- Work with colleagues and 3rd parties to build and configure web portals, services, integrate business applications, and manage administration and deployment of collaborative solutions
- Responsible for delivery of business change projects using SharePoint as the delivery platform in conjunction with Digital Innovation team
Restructured of all SharePoint Online hosted location and head office team sites; in preparation of a major organisation wide training initiative.
- Key achievements are as follows:
- Delivered a Corporate & Directorate: Risk Management System for identifying risks and associated actions.
- Technical Lead for the successful trial of Office 365: Microsoft Teams, Office 365 Groups, Flows and PowerApps.
- Designed and Developed, Nintex for Office 365: Forms and Workflows to improve internal processes & auditing. Examples include,
- Policy Manager. a multi-state workflow which is able to manage the review & reissuing cycle for any policy in the organisation
- New User Request & Leaver Notification which include an integrated User Asset Check List, SLA calculator, location/head office approver selection and status monitoring overviews.
- Fraud reporting Form and Workflow for internal staff and external users such as a relative of someone staying at one of the developments or villages.