An Office 365 & SharePoint, freelance Solutions Architect & consultant, helping both private and public sector clients get the most out of their investment in Microsoft's collaboration technologies. Please get in contact should you ever need my services.
Sainsburys Tech: Solutions Architect / SharePoint SME, providing support to the Colleague Engagement (Our Sainsbury's) / Group Intranet, GDPR & Collaborative Tools product teams in the Digital Workplace product family. My role involves:
- Defining the "As Is" state, of the legacy "Classic" SharePoint Intranet site topology, and transition paths required for the "To Be state": modern SharePoint: SharePoint Home, Hub, Communication and Modern group enabled team sites.
- Lead developer on the new internal Sainsbury's Tech portal: a collaborative platform for IT colleagues across the Sainsbury's Group
- Document the Solution Record of the both current and future intranet implementations
- Defining the product family technology roadmap which aligns business objectives with the relevance parts of the Microsoft 365 roadmap
- Providing support incl internal and external guest Azure AD user account creation in preparation for migrating content from a legacy Office 365 tenant to the Sainsbury's tenant.
- Taking practical steps to ensure the current technical debt, either remains at the current level or reduced
- Building various "experiments" and demos that highlight the potential of the modern intranet and Microsoft's Power platform.
- Determine we can meet which requirements OOTB and what will further review wrt build (SPFx) verses buy.
- Review the offerings of 3rd party intranet-in-box solution providers against a set of mandatory requirements
- Technical Lead for the rollout of data classification (AIP/ Sensitivity Labels) and retention policies.
- Supporting on-premises SharePoint: PCI compliance migration
As Office 365 developer and tech lead assisting in an organisation wide transformation programme. Responsible for the successful: design, solution development and migration, from SharePoint 2007 & 2013 to SharePoint 2016 hybrid (on-premises and online). Primary duties are as follows:
- ·Ensuring SharePoint 2016 platform in terms of its readiness for live hybrid deployment: uplift HLDs, LLDs & build documents, raise, RFCs Install Feature Pack 2 upgrade, Office Online installation, resolve critical platform errors and SQL cluster performance enhancements.
- Presented to the design authority (DA) and configured the multi-level security options that will protect all content hosted on the tenant: ODFB, communication and group enabled modern team sites, as well as limit what can be shared with guest users.
- Designed & provisioned the first release of SharePoint Online and Office 365 collaboration sites and tools: Flows, PowerApps, Microsoft Teams, Office 365 Groups, Site Designs, Site Actions, Communication and hub sites using industry best practices
- Documented the governance and auditing policy recommendations, applied holistically to both on-premise and online
- Work with colleagues and 3rd parties to build and configure web portals, services, integrate business applications, and manage administration and deployment of collaborative solutions
- Responsible for delivery of business change projects using SharePoint as the delivery platform in conjunction with Digital Innovation team
Restructured of all SharePoint Online hosted location and head office team sites; in preparation of a major organisation wide training initiative.
- Key achievements are as follows:
- Delivered a Corporate & Directorate: Risk Management System for identifying risks and associated actions.
- Technical Lead for the successful trial of Office 365: Microsoft Teams, Office 365 Groups, Flows and PowerApps.
- Designed and Developed, Nintex for Office 365: Forms and Workflows to improve internal processes & auditing. Examples include,
- Policy Manager. a multi-state workflow which is able to manage the review & reissuing cycle for any policy in the organisation
- New User Request & Leaver Notification which include an integrated User Asset Check List, SLA calculator, location/head office approver selection and status monitoring overviews.
- Fraud reporting Form and Workflow for internal staff and external users such as a relative of someone staying at one of the developments or villages.